Sindhi Chicken Curry Recipe
1. Chicken thighs, skinned, rinsed and wiped dry (12 large)
2. green chilies preferably serranos (4tsp)
3. minced garlic (1tbsp)
4. ginger root peeled and minced (1tbsp)
5. finely chopped onions (2c)
6. oil (2tbsp)
7. hot spices or garam masala (1 1/2tsp)
8. chopped cilantro (1/4c)
9. salt (2tsp or to taste)
10. chopped cilantro (1/2c)
11. tomatoes, chopped liquid (1can about 28 ounces)
12. cayenne pepper (3/4tsp)
13. turmeric (3/4tsp)
14. cumin powder (1 1/2tsp)
15. coriander powder (1tbsp)
16. yogurt (1 cup)
17. cornstarch (1tsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a bowl, mix yogurt and cornstarch in it until it gets smooth and then keep it aside.
2. Take a large saucepan with lid, place it over medium-high heat and heat oil in it. Add onions in it and saute them for about 6 to 8 minutes until they starts to change color. Then turn down the heat to medium and saute onions for about 10 minutes until they get dark golden brown color.
3. Mix chilies, garlic and ginger in it and saute them for about 2 minutes. Now increase the heat to medium high and add chicken in it and then cook it for about 6 to 8 minutes until it gets brown. Then turn down the heat to medium and add cayenne pepper, turmeric, cumin, coriander powder over the chicken. Mix it and cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Then add yogurt mixture, tomatoes, salt and cilantro in it. Mix it and cover the pan and then keep it to boil. Now turn down the heat to low and keep it to simmer for about 25 minutes until the chicken gets cooked.
5. Take off the pan from heat, mix garam masala and cilantro leaves in it. Decorate the chicken with rest of cilantro and then serve it bread/ roti or rice.