Kozi Varta Chicken Curry Recipe
1. Chicken (1.2kg)
2. chopped onions (1/3c about 85 gms)
3. lemon juice (3tsp about 15ml)
4. groundnut oil (1/3c about80 ml)
5. ginger paste (3tbsp)
6. garlic paste (6tsp)
7. curry leaves (12)
8. coriander powder (1/2tsp)
9. chopped coriander leaves (4tsp)
10. cinnamon powder (1/4tsp)
11. clove powder (1/4tsp)
12. cardamom powder (1/2tsp)
13. black peppercorns (1/2tsp)
14. turmeric powder (1tsp)
15. chopped tomatoes (1/2c)
16. tamarind (5tsp about 25gms)
17. salt (to taste)
18. red chili powder (1/2tsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take chicken and clean it and then cut it into cubes of about 1 ½ inches.
2. Take a large bowl, mix turmeric powder, red chilies, half of ginger-garlic paste and salt in it. Coat the chicken pieces in this mixture and then place it aside to marinate.
3. Take a cauldron or kadhai, place it over medium heat. Heat oil in it and add marinate chicken in it and saute it until it changes to light brown in color.
4. Take out the chicken from the cauldron and reserve the oil. Dip the tamarind in 5 teaspoon of water. After 5 minutes, squeeze out the pulp and throw out the seeds and then keep it aside.
5. Again heat the reserved oil in the cauldron and fry the curry leaves for about 30 seconds over medium heat. Then add onions in it and saute them until they get golden brown. Add the rest of ginger-garlic paste, mix it for a minute and then add tomatoes and cook them until the oil gets separate. Then add cinnamon powder, cloves, coriander, and cardamom in it and mix it. Now add tamarind and cook it for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken pieces in it and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. Then add 1 cup of water and keep it to boil. Turn down the heat and cook it by stirring regularly until the chicken pieces get coated with masala properly. Sprinkle the lemon juice and peppers in it. When it gets ready then place it in a flat serving dish, decorate it with green coriander leaves and then serve it with dosa.